This makes a fairly small loaf, if you are planning to feed more than 2 adults I would recommend making a double batch (it doesn't effect it at all). Also apparently this is best eaten the day made so a smaller loaf works without leaving leftovers (we have never had left overs so I personally don't know what it's like the next day). The honey just does something amazing to this and you just cant stop yourself! I made Sullivan Street Bakery bread the other week (the most amazing bread ever! Amazing enough to suffer the consequences of eating wheat the next day!) and Mr Grumpy said he preferred the honey bread - what? You preferred gluten free to regular? That's how yummy this is :)
Gluten Free Damper
1 cup gluten free SR flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 cup milk (I use fat free soy milk, you could even use water)
1 tbsp honey
- Preheat oven to 180'C and line a baking tray.
- Mix all ingredients into a bowl - I recommend adding the milk (or whatever your using) a bit at a time, I've never actually used the whole half a cup.
- Pour onto a floured surface and knead until mixture comes together.
- Shape into desired shape, then place onto baking tray.
- Bake 30mins (for me it's more around 20mins)